Tricia started her journey into hair in 1999, right after she got home from a year of travelling and playing the trombone with Up With People. She attended Haywood Community College and graduated in 2001 with the intention of going back to school to finish her music degree. Little did she know that the Universe had other plans for her!
Always a lover of music, Tricia joined the Asheville Lyric Opera as a professional Chorus member in 2006. During the production of Madame Butterfly, Tricia jumped in to help with some of the wig duties because the make-up artists were swamped. The following season, she was offered a position as the Hair Designer and, of course, she said yes! In the fall of 2009, she was promoted the Hair and Make-up Designer and has been integral in the creative process for each production.
Tricia married her love, Paul, in 2002 and they welcomed their daughter, Ariana, in 2004 and then their son, Logan, in 2009, and Eric in Feb 2015! In 2005, Tricia branched out on her own and started working for herself and she absolutely loved it! Between being her own boss, working with the opera, and having fun with her growing family, she definitely is loving life!
Never one to sit still, Tricia decided she needed to learn more about the business side of things and took a class at Mountain Biz Works in June of 2010. It turned into an 8 week business plan course and about halfway through, she realized she was confident she could open a salon. Almost a year to the day, Asheville Hair Design was open!
With each goal Tricia sets for herself, she goes after it with gusto! She is currently focusing on growing the business and training and supporting her staff to reach for their professional goals. All of her stylists are in tune to Tricia’s philosophy for the care and empowerment of our guests. She has continued to take business classes and has been to New York City and D.C. for intensive training on the philosophy of curly hair care. She is a member of Curly Hair Artistry. In August of 2013, Tricia travelled all the way to Wales for a bride. It was an amazing experience to travel across the pond for a friend to make her day as special as it could be!
Tricia’s passion for hair is equally matched with her need to care for and encourage a positive learning environment not only for her stylists, but for the guests we empower. Our goal is to bring the beauty from the inside out. We endeavor to educate our guests so they have the power to recreate what we do for them at the salon. Welcome to our family!
- 2000- 2001 – Haywood Cosmetology President
- Spring 2000 – 1st place Bridal Styling Regional Competition, 1st place Artificial Nails Regional Competition
- Spring 2001 – 1st place Total Fashion State Competition, 2nd place Men’s Haircutting State Competition
- Spring 2002 – Regis Hair Salon Corporation Rookie Stylist of the Year for WNC
- August 2006 – Bridal Makeup Class in Birmingham, Alabama
- June – August 2010 – 8 week business course with Mountain Biz Works
- 2011/2012 – Hot Heads Tape-In Method Hair Extension Certification in Charleston, SC
- February 2013- May 2014 – Monthly business class with Mountain Biz Works
- May 2013 – 3- day Deva Advanced Inspired class in New York City
- February 2014 – Schwarzkopf hands on color technique class for blondes in Asheville, NC
- May 2014 – Curly Hair Artistry 3- day Curl Symposium in Washington D.C.
- May 2015 – Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment Certification in Asheville, NC
- June 2015 – Keune Balayage and Ombre training Greenville, SC
- September 2015 – Keune hands on Advanced Color and Cutting Techniques class Asheville, NC
- September 2015 – 2- day Strategies Team Based Pay Conference Chicago, IL